georgiosgiannoukos

LGKO Kos P3D4.5 Low FPS

Yes- we are just about to finish small update for the scenery of Kos. 

I'd say the vast majority of people are not suffering from low FPS however we are very commit to support and find solutions until the last user!

As for Kos- at the version we distribute the ground textures are 4k. We suspect it could be the culprit. The coming update will include 2k textures of the grounds together with few more tweaks could assist you. 

Before we will relesae it we will chose 2-3 people from here to check it together with them. 

Raz

• Like 3

i know the solution how to resolve the problem about fps, the Gaya should export the new bgl file of the airport without platform! the platform cause the fps problem!

On 3/3/2020 at 9:23 AM, Raz said:

Yes- we are just about to finish small update for the scenery of Kos. 

I'd say the vast majority of people are not suffering from low FPS however we are very commit to support and find solutions until the last user!

As for Kos- at the version we distribute the ground textures are 4k. We suspect it could be the culprit. The coming update will include 2k textures of the grounds together with few more tweaks could assist you. 

Before we will relesae it we will chose 2-3 people from here to check it together with them. 

Raz

You can ask me.

I will test it if you want.

Frank

Posted (edited)

I have problems with the frame rate in Kos. After loading the scenery, the frames are just great and are around 60 frames. Everything is smooth. The CPU load on the first core is 90 percent. After a few minutes it is suddenly no longer smooth and you can see that the CPU utilization increases to 100 percent on the first core and does not decrease anymore. The other cores, however, hardly work. But what is the same with other scenarios. My GPU utilization is always 40 to 50 percent in Kos. In my opinion it has something to do with the CPU usage. After a while, Kos stressed the CPU too much. Not the GPU !!! Please check in this direction. My system: I7 8700k @ 4.8 Ghz, 32GB Ram, GTX1070 8GB

Ronny

Edited by RS271181

Those days we testing a new update for Kos. 

That update suppuse to solve the FPS issue some users have. 

Guest Irimi

Dear Developers,

first of all let me say a BIG THANK YOU for giving this scenery for free to so many people. I myself got it for free as well, and this is something definiteley not normal !!

And Wow, the scenery looks awesome,  you really captured the feeling of being at such an airport !

Unfortunateley I am experiencing the same FPS problem as others described here. I was looking forward very much to your announced update and was so glad to see version 1.2 ready for download. But , what a pity, I still get quite heavy stuttering, especially towards the ends of the runway when using some complex aircraft as PMDG. With little default GA aircraft its OK. Nothing changed, the lower definition textures dont solve this.  I get very smooth performance throughout the whole P3D world with many many huge addon airports with PMDG aircraft with my setup. So I just can conclude that there must be a problem anywhere in your files which are not optimized or whatever.

For me it is just a pity, I cant use this awesome airport for flying. But to make it very clear, I am not complaining or requiring support. I just want to point it out, because I am sure you will be interested to hear that.

I hope everybody stays healthy, thanks again and best regards !!

Guest Wobuns

Same here.

initial frames are fine but something happens after a few minutes using the FS Labs A320-X. 

Are you using 4k or 2k textures? And which resolution are you using in-sim? An does this occur at day or night? And which sim version are you using?

Guest Irimi

Hi,

I am using 1280x1024 Resolution in my P3DV4.5 and it doesnt matter which texture resolution I choose.  I can also put all the settings to full left and it wont change anything.

I only tried that during daytime. There is definitely something wrong. Maybe any conflict or anything in the files itself. Curiously it is much better around the apron. But on the runway there is really bad stuttering.

best regards

On my side, I´m unfortunately not even able to use the configurator. It always stops working upon saving when I have selected. Would like to gain more FPS by using just 2K instead of 4K textures, but I can´t because of the configurator not working...

7 hours ago, theairbuspilot said:

On my side, I´m unfortunately not even able to use the configurator. It always stops working upon saving when I have selected. Would like to gain more FPS by using just 2K instead of 4K textures, but I can´t because of the configurator not working...

You can also do that manually by going to your GayaSimulations Kos\GAYA_KOS_AIRPORT\texture folder. You can copy the contents of the folder named '2k' into the GayaSimulations Kos\GAYA_KOS_AIRPORT\texture folder... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Er!k said:

You can also do that manually by going to your GayaSimulations Kos\GAYA_KOS_AIRPORT\texture folder. You can copy the contents of the folder named '2k' into the GayaSimulations Kos\GAYA_KOS_AIRPORT\texture folder... 

Thank you. Will test it tomorrow.

Tested it a minute ago...

Still the same unfortunately. 

Great airport and great move to make it available as "Christmas present" a few months ago, but I feel sorry for still having to say it´s the airport with the worst frame rate of those I have installed. 

Posted (edited)

Well, I can only confirm that fps behavior in Kos is really weird - it can drop down from 26 to 18 at some views and can raise back in a few seconds when you turn into another taxiway for example. I just landed at rwy 32 and got 18 fps when reached A2 but as soon as I turned to A2 I got 26 fps immediatelly. However when I made my return flight I got 18 fps again - both when taxiing from A1 to 32 threshold and while taking off from 32. No other sceneries for Greece are installed at my PC, so I don't know what can make such a strange impact to Kos performance.

I'm using 9900K and 2080Ti, so I have no fps issues at all in other airports but Kos is still a puzzle for me...

Edited by alpet

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.