• Alessandro changed the title to Static aircraft

Thanks for the reply, how can I recognize the static aircraft BGL? I don't think the presence of static planes is just a visual fact, the problem is that they occupy the parking spaces, and during the online flight the ATC can indicate a parking space occupied by them.

Alessandro

Hi Alessandro, 

By now we have not yet found any solution for make the on/off static (include the option to make the parking stands available when those are off and some other "advance" options. 

Keep working on that and will inform at the moment we have something, but it's definetly on our list. 

Raz

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I was a little disappointed that the new LOWW update still did not allow for the option for the static aircraft to be removed.

This is an issue that scenery developers continue to have.
Please continue to work with Microsoft on this issue, so that in the future the native settings might allow the configuration of static aircraft.

Thank you and kind regards,

Joe

Hi, 

That feature is not yet available at the native way however we manage to make some "temp" solution for those of you just want the models to be off. 

The big weak of that method is apart from the exclusion of the static models the parking stands are not actively available (that's the part we waiting for the SDK to support). 

To make it happen we have separated the static aircrafts into independent .bgl file call  Loww-scene - static.bgl (each airport with it's own icao code and file name). 

That file could be found at gaya-simulations-airport-loww-vienna\scenery\Gaya\Vienna 

if you want to disable the static models simple remove that file to another safe folder (as a backup). 

Raz

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your reply, I will give this a try and look forward to future updates. I do like static aircraft when flying offline but fly online as well.

The big weak of that method is apart from the exclusion of the static models the parking stands are not actively available (that's the part we waiting for the SDK to support). 

What does this mean? Do you mean that removing the static models does not make the parking stands available to the MSFS ATC feature?

Edited by Joachim_Joe

Yes correct. If you only remove the aircraft, the parkings are empty, but will not be recognized by MSFS, since the parkings are not in the AFCAD/ADE (hoewever it is called in MSFS)... So therefore you need a configurator. This switches both the AFCAD/ADE and statics to on/off. And this is not posible. So only removing the airplanes does not make sense right now.

But why would you remove them? They really bring immersion to the airport instead of landing into a deserted place?

4 hours ago, Er!k said:

But why would you remove them? They really bring immersion to the airport instead of landing into a deserted place?

Yes, as I said above; I do like the static models when flying offline but when flying online, you often have other simmers spawn at gates that are taken by static aircraft and with the MSFS live traffic, I assume they could also take the gate where a static aircraft is.

The gates where the statics are placed are not in the AFCAD/ADE, so if other people spawn there it is because they have the default LOWW airport. Also live traffic won't take a gate with statics.