Trile

Vienna strange light flickering at night

Hello,

I have a strange behaviour on the brand new Vienna airport when I am near the terminal. As you can see in the following video I have no dynamic lighting and a strange light flickering at a constant frequency.

Video

Is it a known issue ?

Best regards,

Trile

Hi trile

Try to verify the installation via Orbx Direct

About the light flickering- Its looks like a problem with your Simulator - try to delete your Prepar3D.cfg and terrain.cfg and check again 

(Backup them before)

Noted. 

Working to track the problem and fix it for you!

Hello,

I had the same flickering. I could solve it in the P3d under Settings, Options - Lighting, the two hack at "Simulation Objects". I don't know what this setting does? In any case, the flickering disappears with it.

167696088_GayaLOWWprob..thumb.jpg.b5493fbce27a1ca6b50282b5e6909146.jpg

Thank you Markus for that tip. Howerver I have the whole airport ground lights flickering at certain view angles with that option ticked.

Regarding Dynamic Lighting, could you please confirm that the feature is not present in the current version ? Will it be updated anyhow soon ? This is clearly and by far the biggest con of the product. If the dynamic lighting would be implemented, you would be close to have the most detailed airport of P3D.

12 hours ago, Trile said:

Thank you Markus for that tip. Howerver I have the whole airport ground lights flickering at certain view angles with that option ticked.

Regarding Dynamic Lighting, could you please confirm that the feature is not present in the current version ? Will it be updated anyhow soon ? This is clearly and by far the biggest con of the product. If the dynamic lighting would be implemented, you would be close to have the most detailed airport of P3D.

Dynamic Lightning is indeed implemented! I had the same issue yesterday and solved it like that:

I went to my scenery.cfg where I had multiple entries of the scenery and deleted all of them. Reinstalled the scenery via ORBX Central and everything was back to normal.

Hope this helps!

Posted (edited)

Hello Georg,

I tried what you told me and it worked only for the first time I started my sim after your procedure. I closed it, did another flight and no dynamic lighting... Could someone from Gaya please confirm if this is a known issue or not ? Am I the only one experiencing this ?

Edited by Trile

Hello,

Unfortuantely the update did not solve my issue. I still cannot have any Dynamic Lighting on the airport. Which information do you need to help me with this ? I can provide whatever you want. I already tried to Verify the files from Orbx Central but still no clue. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2020 at 10:00 PM, Georg Franz said:

Ok now I have the exact same issue aswell...

I am pretty disappointed about Gaya support. They say that they "commincate with their customers", but actually I had 0 help from them.

Anyway I managed to get all this work now with the last update. This is how I proceed:

1) Uninstall the scenary from Orbx Central

2) Clean your scenery.cfg by removing all things related to LOWW 

3) Install the scenary from Orbx Central

Following this I have no more issues with the dynamic lighting, and it is true that the last update improves a lot the FPS rate.

You are doing a very great job guys, the quality is awesome, keep it up. But don't forget to support your customers having issues, otherwise you will end loosing many of them, especially when you release an airport already modelled by a great quality competitor helping a lot its customers 😉 

Cheers

Edited by Trile
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Trile

We are really proud with or support, however, there could always be people and issues we could miss. I see the support as super important part of any product!

We (not only myself) screening the forums very frequent. In case you (or anyone else) feel we missing him please do not hestiate to send me personal message here or in Orbx forums and ill make sure we will back to you shortly. 

I would like to thank all of you for your support on us and get ready for more and more updates , improvements and huge news coming 😉 

Raz

Posted (edited)

Seems there are still lighting issues, even in the latest version. The Jetways have a rotating light when in operation. That sends huge light beams all over the scenery.

Edited by Mikealpha

That's have been already fixed at update v1.1. 

can you please send me a screenshots of your Vienna prodcut page on Orbx Central?

Please go into your LOWW scenery folder and change the change LOWW_GSE_Beacon.BGL to ---> LOWW_GSE_Beacon.BGL.off.

42 minutes ago, Raz said:

Please go into your LOWW scenery folder and change the change LOWW_GSE_Beacon.BGL to ---> LOWW_GSE_Beacon.BGL.off.

that did not help. But during that, I found also LOWW_mics_beacon.bgl and setting that to .off cured it.

What else does that deactivate, just the Jetway beacon ?

It's control the jetway beacon lamp which probably casue you that issue. 

It's very weird since that has been solved at update 1.1 whille we are now at 1.2 already.

Is there a chance you change the Orbx Central installation folder lately or moved manually files from LOWW folder before installed the latest update?

Posted (edited)

No, I did not change anything in the folders. After you mentioned it has been solved in 1.1, I also did the 'verify files' inside ORBX. That didn't change it either. 

Weird indeed.

Edited by Mikealpha

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.