mikee

Kos Autogen issue !!

Today I realized that I lost all of my Trees at LCLK (JustSims Airport ) I did not check any other JustSim sceneries yet !

I have also realized that I lost Trees in Other areas all over Cyprus !! ( So most probably this is a Global Issue and not only at an airport … )

When I removed Kos … everything was working Fine !! No more Autogen Issues and All my Trees were Visible again !

Please find a solution as soon as possible to fix this Important issue , otherwise my KOS Scenery is Useless !

Is there any temporary solution ?

Thank you very much ,

Mike

Can you please send me the following file:

AutogenDescriptions_Legacy.xml  which located in C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Autogen  

thanks. 

Hello Raz ,

There is no such a file !

Are you referring to : AutogenDescriptions_Legacy.spb

AutogenDescriptions_Legacy_Mid.spb

AutogenDescriptions_Legacy_Min.spb

The Only XML file that it is in Autogen folder is : default.xml  And

default_XML_before_Mykonos X_was_install.bak                   

Mike            

I found a temporary solution after I search the support forums !

For the missing autogen ! I removed KOS folder and checked again and the autogen came back, i then removed the KOS autogen folder and just manually  installed the Airport the old way (non XML) and the Autogen is fine .

I manually added the effects files to the effects folder of P3D .

I have Now Lost All of the Trees of The Island of Kos at the moment ( I have also Installed Eyal Sim Design Kos Island ). All of the buildings are there .

It is definitely better than Nothing !

The Airport is fine !!

Waiting for a permanent solution guys !

Mike

Happy there is a sufficient solution until we will release an update we are working on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raz said:

Happy there is a sufficient solution until we will release an update we are working on.

Thank you very much Raz !!

On 2/13/2020 at 7:13 PM, mikee said:

Today I realized that I lost all of my Trees at LCLK (JustSims Airport ) I did not check any other JustSim sceneries yet !

I have also realized that I lost Trees in Other areas all over Cyprus !! ( So most probably this is a Global Issue and not only at an airport … )

When I removed Kos … everything was working Fine !! No more Autogen Issues and All my Trees were Visible again !

Please find a solution as soon as possible to fix this Important issue , otherwise my KOS Scenery is Useless !

Is there any temporary solution ?

Thank you very much ,

Mike

Until the fix comes out try the fix posted on this page about halfway down by Patrick , it worked for me and i still have autogen around the airport

6 minutes ago, keenrw said:

Until the fix comes out try the fix posted on this page about halfway down by Patrick , it worked for me and i still have autogen around the airport

Thank you very much Keenrw !

On 2/13/2020 at 8:55 PM, Raz said:

Hi there,

Wanted to also confirm that Kos caused major loss in trees and vegetation in P3D in various locations worldwide.

There doesnt seem to be any manual PDF that tells you how to remove Kos should you wish to but i managed to locate it in the data folder and in doing so this brought back all the trees so there indeed is so form of xml issue in the package that messes up the sim everywhere else.

I really would have liked to have installed Kos on my other bigger Drive (i have the freeware version) but as i keep reading its strictly designed to only go in the data folder?

Hi @bradley27

We are about to release an update for Kos soon. currently at the last stages of testing. 

We will take a deep check about the trees issue you mentioned and how Kos affect the rest of the world but will check that. 

Raz

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 3:23 PM, Raz said:

Hi @bradley27

We are about to release an update for Kos soon. currently at the last stages of testing. 

We will take a deep check about the trees issue you mentioned and how Kos affect the rest of the world but will check that. 

Raz

Hello Sir,

any news about the LGKO update for the giveaway users (not orbx)?

Regards and stay health!

Michael